Here are some important aftercare recommendations. We of course want our tattoo art to look as good as possible on you. There are two parts to getting a tattoo. The first is the design and inking of your tattoo, the second is for you to look after it, to ensure that the tattoo stays looking as clear and perfect for as long as possible. Below are our recommendations to make your healing easy and your tattoo stand the test of time.
- Keep the tattoo covered for at least one hour before removing the dressing
- Take care when removing the dressing. I the dressing sticks to the tattoo, dampen slightly with clean, boiled water and remove gently. Do not pull hard and quickly
- Wash down with hot water first, then cold water.
- Pat dry, do not rub
- Apply a light film of tattoo healing cream immediately and then morning and evening.
- If you notice any redness or irritation after using the cream, stop using it.
- Do NOT use Vaseline or germoline.
- Keep the tattoo out of direct sunlight.
- Do NOT go swimming, either in the sea or swimming pool.
- Do NOT use sunbeds or get sunburnt.
- Have a shower rather than a bath if possible and gently pat the area dry.
- Avoid getting your new tattoo dirty.
- Take care when working in dust filled environments.
- Do NOT pick the scabs that form on your tattoo – this can seriously affect the colour and quality of your tattoo.
- Your new tattoo should heal in 7-10 days, although this can vary.
- If you have any continuous redness, heat, swelling or discharge please consult your GP.
- Take care of your tattoo and you’ll enjoy it for the rest of your life.
Below are the recommendations that we make so that your piercing is able to heal as fast as possible and keeping it clean during the healing process.
- Keep the piercing covered for at least one hour before removing the dressing (if applied)
- Bathe piercings twice daily with a mild solution of cool, boiled, salt water (use rock salt) or piercing wash (available here).
- For Navel piercings sit down and fill navel with the solution. Leave for 5-10 minutes. Pat dry afterwards with clean, lint-free tissue. Clean any healing crust away with a cotton bud dipped in the clean solution.
- Try not to knock or catch clothing on your piercing.
- For EYEBROW piercings use the same solution as above or piercing wash (available here) and use cotton buds to clean the area.
- For NIPPLE piercings use the same solution in a small cup or similar and hold over the nipple for 5-10 minutes twice daily.
- Clean any healing crust away with a cotton bud dipped in the clean solution.
- For other piercings clean as directed by your piercer
- Make sure your hands are thoroughly clean before handling your piercing.
- We will change jewellery for you if required.
- DO NOT PICK THE HEALING CRUST OFF.